School of Dance Application Process
Program dates for 2021 are TBD.
If you are interested in auditioning the School of Dance, you must complete and submit both of these forms.
ELIGIBILITY:?Students should be?New York State residents, currently enrolled in grades 8 through 12. (Students currently in grades 6 and 7 may audition for the School of Ballet only).
AUDITION:?All School of Dance auditions will be live and conducted online. Audition sessions will take place Saturday 2/6 & Sunday 2/7 and will last 90 minutes.?
APPLICATION:?Must be completed in order to get an audition spot. The supplemental form found above must also be submitted. Applicants must also submit a solo video of two minutes or less. Details can be found on the supplemental form.
Please include a snapshot of yourself, no larger than 4" x 6", clear enough for facial identification, with this application.
Please include student's name in body of the E-mail. Submit your photos by E-mail to: NYSSSA@NYSED.GOV
Upon receipt of your form, complete information about the audition locations, schedules, and times will be emailed to you.?
About the Audition
- Classical ballet is not required to be accepted into the dance program.?
- During the audition, you will be expected to participate in a class.
- Applicants are expected to provide music for their solo.
- Ratings by artistic faculty will form the basis for selecting members and alternates to attend the school.
- Audition results will be mailed to all students applying to the program.
There are no calendar events right now.
Tuition and Financial Aid
In light of the COVID-19 pandemic, NYSSSA will not be charging tuition for 2021 virtual programs.